If you are wanting to sell gold NYC then look no further than GEM Pawnbrokers as we offer some of the best prices for gold in New York.
Gold is always a great way to raise funds when you need it as gold tends to hold its value well and is always desirable. If you no longer wear or want some of your gold jewelry then you could put them to better use by selling them so that someone else can adore it and you can benefit from the cash.
What type of gold pieces are we interested in?
We are interested in a wide range of gold products including:
- Rings such as wedding rings, engagement rings, eternity rings and dress rings
- Cuff links
These can be in white gold, yellow gold and rose gold. Solid gold items will offer the greatest value, but we are also interested in gold plated pieces.
What value does used gold jewelry hold?
The value of the jewelry will depend on a range of factors including the condition of the piece and its composition. Items that show signs of wear or tear from being worn such as metal erosion, discoloration, dulling of any gems or stones, scratches and being misshaped will affect the value.
The composition of the item is also an important factor in determining the price. This includes whether the piece is solid gold or gold plated, its carat rating and whether it includes any gems or stones and their value.
Other factors that can affect the value is the current market value for gold as the market can fluctuate, and the desirability of the piece as this will influence what the piece is worth due to the demand for it and the ease in which it will sell.
What do we look for when appraising a piece?
At GEM Pawnbrokers, we are experts in appraising jewelry and gold pieces, and there are several things we will be looking for when we appraise it and decide its worth. This includes:
- Hallmarks – we will be looking at the hallmarks on the piece as this will tell us the metal content of the piece and sometimes who made it. All pieces created in the last decade should have a hallmark on them somewhere unless the item is heavily worn and the hallmark has eroded.
- Signs of discoloration – gold should not discolor unless it is gold-plated which is an indicator of the composition of the metal. Gold plated items can require re-plating to maintain their color and beauty which will affect the value.
- Gems or stones – if the piece includes these we will also appraise them and take them into consideration of value.
- Overall condition – we will be examining the piece for its condition for any damage that can impact its value.
If you want to find out what your gold pieces are worth, then visit one of our 24 conveniently located stores across the New York area.