If you live in the New Rochelle area, you may not be aware that our pawn shops, conveniently located across the New York area, includes our Mount Vernon store that serves New Rochelle. If you need extra cash in a quick and easy way, we can purchase your items outright or on a loan basis using your items as collateral. Or, if you are looking to buy items of a significant value, you can shop in our physical or online stores.
What items do we deal in?
We deal in a wide variety of items which includes:
- Precious metals such as gold and silver
- Jewelry such as necklaces, rings, bracelets, anklets, earrings, brooches and cufflinks
- Electronics including TVs, games consoles, phones, tablets, computers and games
- Designer handbags
- Designer shoes and sneakers
- Apparel and accessories
- Designer sunglasses
- Power tools
- Silverware and silver flatware
- Musical instruments
We also offer vehicle loans, estate buying services and collateral business loans.
As we buy and sell a wide variety of items, they are constantly changing, so it is always worth a visit to one of your local stores. If you live in New Rochelle, drop by and look around Mount Vernon store, or any of our 24 stores to see what great deals we currently have on offer.
What services can we offer you?
We offer a lot of goods with substantial value and they can be seen at our online pre-owned store which features some of the items available across our 24 branches, or any store located within the New York City area.
If you simply wish to get fast cash on the spot, we can purchase your goods or take them as loan collateral. To sell or loan, we will require you to bring your items to one of our stores so our friendly and experienced pawn brokers can take a closer look at them and give them a full appraisal. After a thorough inspection, our pawn brokers will offer you the best valuation that is possible for you to choose an outright purchase or a loan. Our pawn shop loans are designed to help you release cash quickly and easily without the need for credit checks or your credit rating being affected. We will offer you a loan based on the value of your item that you want to use for collateral. The cost will comprise the loan amount and the interest that will be applied to it. Our loans are fair and transparent, and you can repay your loan at any point during the loan term. If you are unable to repay the loan at the end of the term, you can get in touch with us to agree to further extend the loan term,as long as you can pay the interest on your loan.
Of course, if you want to get a loan, you could visit a bank but the process is time-consuming and complex. Pawn shops, on the other hand, offer you a small loan and the process is much simpler and faster. Although pawn loans don’t usually go over $10,000, they are a great source of quick cash in moments when you really need it as soon as possible. That is why pawn shops are great options for securing emergency loans.
By now, you already know that banks require paperwork and requirements to process a loan application. Before they will approve your loan application, they will do several checks, making the procedure more lengthy than it needs to be. If you don’t have the time to wait for loan approval from a bank, you can simply visit one of our 24 branches to come up with quick cash.
Pawning comes with a lot of benefits and we’ll be taking a closer look at each one of them.
- Get quick cash. Pawn shops are able to provide you with cash simply & safely. Providing cash in the quickest way possible is the main objective of pawn shops. To make this possible, the need for lots of paperwork and credit checks is eliminated.
- The process is quick. Unlike banks, pawn shops can process your loans in minutes. With banks, it can take weeks to process and approve your loan application. On the other hand, pawn shops can approve them on the spot or very same day. This is because pawn shops process loans differently. Instead of credit check and submission of requirements, pawn shops will only require collateral from you. The item for collateral will be closely inspected and appraised, then a fraction of its value will be given to you as cash. When you accept the offer given to you by the pawnbroker, the pawn shop will keep your item and give you cash.
- No requirements. Banks will require you to have a job and a good credit score in order to get a loan. With pawn shops, no such prerequisites are needed. This is an advantage that both employed and unemployed people can enjoy.
- Your credit score is irrelevant. Another reason why pawn shop loans are very popular. Your negative credit score or rating does not matter. All pawn shops require from you is an item for collateral. If you want fast cash, just bring a valuable item and let pawn brokers appraise it and give you an offer.
- It doesn’t impact your credit score. Pawn shops don’t consider your credit score so getting a loan from them will not affect your credit score at all. When you are delayed with your payments from lending institutions and banks, it will reflect your credit rating and potentially make it harder for you to borrow money in the future. Pawn shops don’t work this way. If you need small loans and you need them fast, pawn shops are there for you.
- You can get multiple loans. With pawn shops, you can get as many loans as you want. Just make sure you bring a valuable item each time. Other lending institutions usually won’t allow you to get another loan unless you have paid the previous one. All pawn shops need is collateral so if you need more cash, bring multiple valuable items as often as you need.
- You will not lose ownership of your collateral. If you exchange your valuable item for cash, the pawn shops will not gain ownership over it, until the loan terms are finished. To redeem your item, you just need to repay the loan amount within the date specified on the loan terms.
- You can extend the loan term without penalty. If you are unable to pay the loan amount on time and wish to extend the loan term, you can do so with pawn shops. Other lending institutions don’t offer that service.
- You can grab awesome deals. Many people don’t take loans but rather sell their valuable items to pawn shops to be sold on. This means that you can generally buy unique, designer or individual goodies at awesome prices. When you visit the store, you will almost always see something new being offered.
- You can trade your item. If you are not keen on selling your item, you can ask the pawn brokers to exchange it with another item of value. It’s another great way of getting an item that you want without the need to spend cash.
Why choose GEM Pawnbrokers?
GEM has been New York’s greatest Pawnbroking business for more than 70 years with a culture that enforces a total customer satisfaction experience along with safe and secure financial solutions. We are very proud to:
- be the largest pawnbrokers in the New York City area
- be conveniently located stores across 24 branches within the New York City area
- offer our extensive experience in handling a wide variety of valuable goods
- be operating for more than 70 years
- offer a fair and honest service that you deserve
- offer the highest possible value for your items
- offer a fast and efficient service
- handle a wide variety of quality items of value
- buy your item outright or use it as loan collateral
- securely store your valuables used as loan collateral for the loan period in our private vaults
- offer some of the lowest collateral loan rates in the US
Whether walking into a branch or calling the customer service number, our customers are sure to encounter capable, knowledgeable, and friendly GEM team members. They are well equipped to assist with a wide range of pawnbroking services including finalizing loans, testing gold purity, classifying diamonds, and authenticating luxury goods.
We work diligently to redefine the stereotypes and misconceptions of what the pawnbroking industry is and strive to always maintain an unmatched level of transparency, honesty, and integrity in all our customer interactions
Feel free to visit any of our 24 branches strategically located across New York City. All of our branches can buy and sell items and offer pawn loans. You can also give us a call at (718) 596-5626 to enquire or schedule a visit - we’ll be waiting at a branch nearest you today!