If you are looking to raise some money quickly like $500 then a pawn shop is a great to get cash fast. Whether you are looking for a loan or selling your items, pawn shops can provide you with cost-effective and competitive options.
As pawn shops deal with a wide variety of items the list is endless of what you can pawn but if you want to raise $500 here are a few ideas of what you could use to raise some or all of the money:
- Jewelry – always top of the list as it is one of the most popular items to pawn. This includes rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings and watches. Although gold jewelry can yield higher prices other metals including silver are popular. Brands especially from desirable names can achieve better values especially if they are limited edition or sought-after pieces.
- Handbags – designer handbags are highly desirable and therefore attractive to pawn shops.
- Footwear – not many footwear will raise $500 but if you have some limited edition footwear or designer shoes in good condition then they could raise a substantial amount.
- Collectibles – many everyday items have become collectibles that can raise a decent amount of money. These can include memorabilia, board games, sports cards, comics, childhood toys, and vinyl.
- Rare items – rare items or traditional antique items such as coins, clocks, ceramics and figurines can yield good values.
- Electronic goods – not all electronic goods will raise $500 but you could combine two items to reach this total if your first item won’t raise enough. If you have items that are in high demand and the latest model, they could be worth a lot. For example, games console or smartphone. Pawn shops will also accept computers, tablets, TVs and many more electronic items.
- Art – some pieces of art may also be suitable for pawning if they have value and their provenance is known.
- Firearms – firearms are pawnable items as long as they are in good condition and have been legitimately purchased previously.
- Vehicles – some pawn shops will handle motorcycles or certain specialist vehicles but you need to do your research to find one that will accept them.
- Boats – like with vehicles, not all pawn shops will accept boats so you will need to find a suitable pawn shop to pawn it to.
How to pawn your items
Pawning your items couldn’t be easier once you have selected the items to use as collateral for your loan, you just need to bring them to the pawn shop to be apprised and a loan offer will be made. If you accept the loan offer, your item/s will be stored safely for the term of the loan and once the loan is repaid, you will get your items back.
So come and visit us at one of our 24 conveniently located stores across the New York City area to see how much your items can raise.