There are a million reasons to pawn designer handbags. Whether you’re looking for a quick loan or a cure for a handbag addiction, you can find the right answer at a GEM Pawnbrokers near you. Sell your bag outright or pawn it to get instant cash without losing any of the glamour.
Want to know how much you’ll get for your arm-candy? It all depends on a few important things, like:
• Brand – The most coveted bags are made by the likes of Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Chanel. Prada, Bulgari, and Cartier handbags also tend to hold their value.
• Authenticity – Authentic designer bags will net you a pot of gold. Bring in a fake, and you might leave empty-handed. If you want to walk away with fast cash, be sure to produce authentication documents.
• Style – Timeless designs tend to fly off the shelves faster than eccentric creations. Have a classic bag that appeals to a broad spectrum of people? It’s more likely to bring a higher price.
• Rarity – Whether you have a brand-new, limited edition bag or a vintage collector’s item, you’ll probably get more money for such rarities.
• Condition – Does your bag look like new, or is it marred by scuff marks and scratches? Either way, it’s a good idea to clean it before you bring it to the pawn shop. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Improper cleaning can do more harm than good.
• The Special Factor – Did a celebrity once own your bag? Do you still have the original dust bags, boxes, tags, etc.? Let us know if there’s anything special or out-of-the-ordinary about your bag. Who knows? It may mean more dollars in your pocket. At the very least, it won’t mean less.
Here’s how it works. Drop by any one of our 24 New York locations, bring in your bag, take the money, and do your thing. We’ll keep it in safe storage for 4 months, during which time you can pay back the principal plus interest and then walk away with your bag.