Electronic devices hold a lot of value so that we often have to save up to be able to purchase them. With each passing year, the technology of electronic devices improves and more quirky features are added. This advancement compels us to upgrade and get the newest model. Now that you’ve got a spare electronic device that you are likely never going to use again, what are you going to do with it?
If your old electronic devices are taking up storage space and collecting dust at home, why don’t you sell them and get back part of the purchase cost you invested with them? You can even use that cash to invest in the latest model of your favourite smart device such as the latest iPhone or Playstation. Even though new models come out every year, electronic goods still have value because there is still a market for it. In fact, a lot of people are willing to buy previous models for a good price.
Some people who are keen on selling their old devices may sell them privately but may not find that prospect appealing because they’d have to put up with lots of things such as weighing up the offers being given to them and answering numerous enquiries.
If you want to experience an easy and hassle-free way of selling electronics, why don’t you sell with us? Here at GEM Pawnbrokers, we pride ourselves on allowing our customers to experience ease in selling their goods. On top of that, we will offer you a good deal that you may find hard to resist.
Which electronics do we take?
We buy a wide array of electronics such as Apple products, flat-screen televisions, Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles and so much more. If your item is not included in our list, you can get in touch with us by calling (718) - 596 - 5626 or by visiting one of our 24 branches in New York.
All you need to do is ensure that the item is in good working condition before you bring it to us. We do not accept electronics that are broken, defective or faulty.
We actually love it when customers pawn their electronics with us. However, there are just some devices that do not fetch a high price. To give you an idea, here are some details that will help you get the most money out of your electronics.
- It has to be visually appealing. A lot of pawnbrokers have been in the industry for many years and they have seen quite a number of items pass through their hands. Due to experience, they can already discern what is considered junk and what is a hidden treasure. If you bring in an item that is in questionable state , the pawn value will obviously drop because the pawn shop has to fix it up. If you want the price to bump up a little, you have to clean it and make it presentable to us.
- It has to be in good working condition. If you come along with electronics that do not work, it's probably better to relegate it as paperweight. In cases when pawn brokers accept your broken device, they are probably interested in the parts which can be sold off individually. As you arrive in our pawn shop, feel free to demonstrate that your device is functional. Take your time and show us all its features and you may get a higher price than what you initially thought you’d get.
- It has to have all the components. If you are looking to get the highest possible offer, you need to bring all the components it came with when you purchased the device. Bring the remote control, cables, instruction manuals, warranty card, product box or even the receipt from the store where you bought it. If you have everything that goes with your device, you are likely to get more cash than just bringing the device alone. The components can actually improve the perceived value of your device and that will increase the price that will be offered to you as well.
- It needs to be marketable. Remember that we are in the market of buying and selling various products with perceived value. If you come along with a device, we need to make sure that we can sell it so make sure that it looks good and it is working properly. Allow our pawnbrokers to take a closer look at it so they can make the final decision.
What will my electronics be worth?
The value of electronic devices vary a lot as it is based on a lot of factors: the brand, quality and age of the devices are the top factors that determine its value. However, the main deciding factor of your electronic device’s cost is its working condition. Upon inspection, the pawnbroker will check your device, determine how well it works, find out if it is safe to use and look for any signs of damage such as wear and tear, bumps or scratches. The better the condition of your electronics, the better value will be offered to you.
Always remember that the brand and age of your device will heavily influence its resale value, as these factors have a great impact on how desirable these items are to potential customers.
How can I sell my electronics for the most cash possible?
First of all, you need to prepare your device and ensure that it is in the best shape and condition possible. Put yourself in the customer’s shoes. Electronics are desirable only if they are working well and they look good at the same time. Likewise, pawnbrokers will be inspecting these things before they decide to make an offer.
Take a look at your device. Its external condition should be good if not at its best. Appearance is a great factor that determines the pricing. It is also what initially attracts a new buyer to the device as well. Make sure your item is thoroughly clean: dirt, smudges and fingerprints should be wiped away to spruce up its appearance.
If there are scratches or cracks on your device, you can ask someone to fix it but it may not be worth your time and money if you really need the cash as soon as possible. Do keep this tip in mind though, as this will seriously affect the pricing of your device.
We all want the complete package. This is also true when it comes to selling your electronics in pawnshops. If you want to receive the best offer from the pawnbroker, you would want to include all the components it came in when you first purchased the product. For instance, if you want to sell your video game console for a good price, you need to show the item in its completeness. This means bringing in the console, controllers, cords, accessories, manual, box and receipt (if you still have it).
If your device still has personal files or data that you don’t want to be accessed by the next user, backup your data, sign out on all accounts and wipe all data off completely. Not only does this protect you and your data from prying eyes, but it will also save the next user time after they purchase the device. This can sometimes command a higher selling price too.
If you are planning to sell smartphones, tablets, smart televisions or game consoles, it is vital that you unlock it and perform a factory reset. Look for the device manual or visit the manufacturer’s website to learn how you can do it. In the case of Apple products such as iPads and iPhones, unlocking the device and disabling the ‘Find My iPhone’ feature will get you more money as well.
When you’re ready to send in your device, bring your ID because pawnbrokers don’t want to settle with stolen items. In fact, pawn shops owners do submit a list of items from their inventory to local authorities so that it can be checked against a list of reported stolen items. Showing your ID to us is a protective measure for both you and our pawn shop.
Once you’re inside our shop, you can negotiate the asking price. Our pawnbrokers are updated with the market trends, what’s popular and what items are selling like hotcakes so haggling for a reasonable price is a good thing to do.
Why choose us?
At GEM Pawnbrokers, we believe we are the right choice for you to sell your electronic goods to because:
- We are trustworthy and will offer you a good price for them.
- We are accessible with 24 conveniently located stores open 6 days a week.
- Selling to us is easy and hassle-free.
- We provide a safe way to sell your electronics as you don’t need to meet buyers or post items.
- We make sure your electronics are returned to factory settings and that none of your personal data remains on them.
Are you ready to sell your electronics in return for quick cash? Visit GEM Pawnbrokers now and sell them outright without a pawn loan. Our pawnbrokers have many years of professional experience and they are experts when it comes to pricing numerous items of value. On top of that, this option is one of the surest and quickest ways of getting cash in the same day!