If you’re in the market for a home renovation and live in the New York area, then an instant CASH loan from GEM Pawnbrokers will get you started in no time.
Whether you want to put in new hardwood floors, rip out old carpet, repaint the walls, or replace old chandeliers with new light fixtures, you can find the money to do it at your local pawn shop.
Why Finance Your Remodel with a Loan?
Why not pay with a credit card? Many people choose loans over credit cards because:
- Their credit limit is too small.
- They’ve already maxed out their credit cards.
- The interest rate on their card is higher than a loan.
On the other hand, there are many reasons to go for plastic instead of cash. That includes:
- You have great credit cards.
- You have a high limit.
- You get cash back.
- You earn points on your purchases.
Why Finance Your Remodel with a CASH Loan?
Why not a home improvement loan from your bank? For one, it’s easier. You won’t have to jump through countless hurdles to get money.
Cash loans also give you more freedom. At GEM Pawnbrokers, we don’t ask you about the cost of your home or what you plan to do with it. All we want to know is that you have the ability to pay us back when the principal is due.
Finally, it’s FAST and it’s CASH. We don’t make you wait for months, weeks, or even days. We don’t give you checks or transfer money into your account. Instead, we give you INSTANT CASH!
Walk in with your dreams and walk out with the money to make them come true!
How to Prepare for a Remodel
Ready to tear up the floors? Break down the walls? Pull out the wires? Before you start, read the following tips. They’ll help you get through the renovation process:
- Always have a plan. Know what you want to do before you do it. What will you remove? What will you keep in place? How will each room fit into the larger picture? It’s easy to make a mistake unless you have a carefully crafted strategy.
- Keep the big picture in mind. You can tell when a homeowner renovates one room at a time without having a master plan. Instead of taking a piecemeal approach, which often creates a hodgepodge appearance, you’ll want to go in with a clear vision of the overall project.
- Aim high. It’s always better to overestimate your budget than to underestimate it. You never want to get a nasty surprise when the bills come rolling in.
- Find trustworthy contractors. Dishonest contractors can wreck your home, your budget, and your peace of mind. Find contractors with at least a few years of experience and quite a few testimonials under their belt. You might even want to visit one of their current job sites to see if they’re hardworking, professional, and clean.
- Sign a contract. The only way to keep contractors honest is to enter into an agreement with them. Don’t start a project until you’ve signed on the dotted line.
How to Renovate Your Home on a Budget
“Safety First”—You’ve heard it a thousand times, but it bears repeating. Hire a professional contractor to do the difficult jobs. If you are going the DIY route, be sure to:
- Use the right tools. The wrong tools can botch the job, wreck the project, and injure you. Finding the right tools, on the other hand, is almost half the battle.
- Start with the most important room. If you don’t know where to start, focus on the most popular room. That tends to be the kitchen.
- Focus on the lighting. The quality and brightness of the light affect just about everything else, from the paint colors to the upholstery. Install your fixed lighting first, and then move on to the rest of the home so you can see how it will really look.
- Don’t be too trendy. Try too hard to be trendy, and you could end up regretting your decision in a few years. Pick a style you really like, or stick with something classic—in other words, a design that will stand the test of time.
- Make small rooms look bigger. You can use light-colored paint, mirrors, and hidden storage. Pulling furniture away from the walls also helps, as does one large furniture piece that anchors the room.
- Go green. Eco-friendly materials and building processes may be more expensive in the short term, but, over the long run, they’ll save you money by improving your efficiency. They’ll also make you feel good about yourself!
How to Pay Back Your Loan on Time
Worried you won’t be able to pay GEM Pawnbrokers back within four months? Here are some tips that will help you make good on your loan:
Create a Monthly Budget
The only way to be smart with your money is to count it. List every expense, no matter how small. Place expenses in categories so you know exactly where your money goes each month (e.g., housing, groceries, transportation, insurance, entertainment, etc.)
Put aside as much money as you can every day (it helps to be consistent). Perhaps skip that drink of coffee once or twice per week. Even if it’s just a few dollars, you’ll be amazed at how much you end up with in the end.
In addition to finding a lender, you might consider borrowing money from friends and family. Just be sure you can pay them back or relationships might get sticky!
How GEM Pawnbrokers Can Help
Do you live in the New York City area? Are you planning to remodel your home? Don’t know where you’ll find the money?
Don’t worry! GEM Pawnbrokers can help you out.
You need money to create the perfect home. We offer FAST CASH loans for home remodeling projects.
Why go to a GEM Pawnbrokers shop? Why not visit the local bank or find a mortgage broker?
No Credit Needed!
We won’t ask you to jump through hoops to get a loan. Come in with bad credit or no credit. It doesn’t matter!
Friendly AND Expert Staff
Whether you’re buying, selling, or just browsing, drop by your New York nearest pawn shop and we’ll take care of you! We’ll tell you everything you need to know about the loan process, we’ll help you get everything you need, and we’ll do it with a smile!
Instant CASH loans
Drop by one of our pawn shops, and you’ll get an INSTANT cash loan! The best part? You have four months in which to pay it back. No monthly payments required!
24 Convenient Locations
With 24 convenient locations in and around New York City, we make it easier than ever to get CASH and to get it whenever you need it.
Over 70 Years in the Business!
We’re not only the largest pawn shop chain in New York. We’re also one of the oldest! Established in 1947 by Martin Kaminsky, we’ve spent the past 70 years building a reputation for fairness, trust, and professionalism.
Bring us your collateral, and we’ll give you the FAIREST appraisals and the HIGHEST prices in the business!
Certified Jewelry Experts
Want to pawn your jewelry in exchange for cash? Our staff is fully certified by the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) and the JA (Jewelers of America). Our experts know how to appraise your gems, gold, and silver and offer you the BEST terms in the business.
Create the Home of Your Dreams!
Ready to design the house of your dreams? Need money to make it happen? Drop into your local GEM Pawnbrokers store to get FAST CASH for your next home remodel!
Need help finding us? Locate your nearest GEM store at our pawn shops near me page!